Monday, October 23, 2006

More on the day and photos

Here are some photos to go along with Rick's commentary for the day. I had a great time seeing the building collection at St. Fagan's. I made an effort not take many photos there since I have the guidebook. Sorry architectural historians, no sexy photos in this post. We'll have to look at the guidebook when I get back. The museum that we saw in Pontypridd is housed in mid 19c Baptist Chapel.
This week I am staying in Cwmbran (near Newport) with Bob and Edwina Higgins. They have been great over the past two days and I look forward to the rest of the week. Bob is a retired engineer and Edwina teaches philosophy at the university as part of a Phd program. Tomorrow we have another round of vocational visits. I'll be looking at church restoration projects in the Caerphilly area with Tony Stephens.

It's just turned the 24th here. Happy Birthday Mom!

-Richard



Adrel in the gardens at St. Fagan's Castle


More of the gardens


Ruben overrun by French school children at the Blacksmith's Shop


Mariah at the organ in the former Baptist chapel in Pontypridd

Some Welsh schoolgirl that finds her way into all of our photos

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great adventure we are having with each of you on your travels. I am reminded of the many Welsh names and places I knew growing up outside of Philadelphia - Bryn Mawr, Haverford, Bala Cynwyd, Gwynned and Gladwyn. So many of the pictures show the influence in churches and architecture of that area.
Richard what a great card to wish me a Penblwydd Hapus. Keep up the great Blog - we are loving it! Mom

2:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home