Tuesday, October 17, 2006

The Hills Are Alive with the Sound of Music

We have just returned home from an evening of listening to the Abertillery Orpheus Male Voice Choir Rehearsal. I especially enjoyed it when they practiced "They Call the Wind Mariah." All I could think of was my daddy singing it to me when I was little, only this was 50 men singing and it was an incredible sound. It was a great way to end the day after all our various vocational visits. I spent the day at a surgery/clinic with GPs (Doctors) and then spent the afternoon at Prince Charles Hospital A&E with several of the nurses. I even had the opportunity of attending one of their continuing education classes with several of the nurses on Domestic Abuse which was very interesting. I have enjoyed hearing from so many of you who are following our journey and look forward to filling in even more when we return. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers, my foot is doing well and the rest of the team is very watchful of how I am doing and careful to not let me walk to far or push it to hard when it is painful. Time to go to bed so that I will be well rested for pony trekking on the morrow-
Mariah

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That song always comes to mind when I think of you. A lovely song for a lovely person.

Gwenda.

12:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mariah: Sounds and looks like ya'll are having a great time! I hope this trip is all that you expected and then some. We appreciate you representing us from the Lowcountry. Claude Beaufort Rotary Club.

2:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home