Monday, October 23, 2006

St Fagan's and yes I Feel Better

Ruben and I are staying with Andre and David Cooper at Abadere this week. We met them at conference so it was nice to see familar faces when we met our new hosts on Sunday. Andre took me under her care on Sunday evening with a shot of good Welsh Whiskey and then a local home brew which helped me sleep better than the 2 previous nights in Cardiff. I woked this morning feeling a lot better and ready to go. Thanks, Andre!!!! She has cooked Ruben and I two fantastic, delicious meals and we had the best tasting lamb tonight prepared just for us. I don't believe I have to worry about sleep tonight. Unfortunately Adrel caught what I had and she had a tough Monday today. Adrel, I hope you feel better. Being under the weather on this trip is for the birds and there is no time for it!!!!!

Our first stop was St Fagan's. It would compare to our Colonial Williamsburg but it doesn't just concentrate on one time period like Williamsburg. We spent the morning there but you really need a couple of days to take it all in. We did get to see see some wonderful sites and got to experience what everybody had been telling us St Fagan's would be like. They moved many of the historical buildings in Wales to this site by dismantling them brick by brick, numbering them & then resetting up at St Fagan's. One of my favorite exhibits since my wife is a teacher was a one room schoolhouse that was for 7-14 year old boys. Over the backboard, 2 canes were hanging which would not be seen in our classrooms backhome. I don't believe I would like to spendy my school day sitting at one of thise desks!!!! One of the fun parts of our day was dressing up in period dress and having our group photo taken!!! Picture to follow soon!!!!! We went on to lunch at a neat pub called the Plymouth Arms and then on to Pontypridd for some more Welsh History. Talk about that later. I believe I hear Andre calling me for another Home Remedy!!!! I can't have a relapse can I???? Rick

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home