Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Photos of Edinburgh

I'm happy to hear that the team arrived back in Columbia safe and sound. It's very unusual for there to be only two of us traveling after spending five weeks as a team. We miss you all.
Here are a few snapshots of Edinburgh from last night and today. We spent yesterday and today exploring the city: Princes Street, the Castle and Royal Mile, and the University. Edinburgh is incredible to just walk with tight winding alleys, courtyards, and gardens in the middle of the city. We found out last night that Edinburgh is as great to see at night with almost every prominent building lit up. Tomorrow we are going to Jen's office in Leith, housed in a 17th century clocktower before flying to Dublin in the afternoon. We'll keep you posted.
-Richard

View of the Firth of Forth from the park near Jen's house

The cathedral at night with a near-full moon

Jen, Richard, and Betsy at dinner

The Scotsman Hotel, Restaurant, and Bar


Inside the bar at the Scotsman (it's a former newspaper office)

Betsy at the Castle in Edinburgh


The Scotch Whiskey Experience


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Richard & Betsy, I am glad that your extra week is turning out so well. I was told that Scotland was beautiful and your pictures tell the story that it is. We will look forward to having you back in SC and I hope that Dublin will be as great as Edinburgh.

12:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You guys look like you're having a ball, but I don't know how it could be fun without me. Don't hurry home because it's the same old thing here. It's like I didn't miss a day. The same people with the same problems. I miss you so much Betsy. Oh yea, I miss Richard a little too. Have a drink for me. Love ya. See ya soon....Adrel

4:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

More great pictures! Looking forward to seeing Dublin! Thanks for keeping us updated.

5:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home