Tuesday, October 03, 2006

a note from Adrel

Today is going well. It's about 16 and cloudy here.

We met with someone from the Wales tourist board this a.m. and then were introduced to our host families. I'm staying with a lovely older couple who live in a two story house about 15 minutes from Swansea that is built on the cliffs overlooking the Bristol Channel. It is so beautiful here!

I can't wait to go out on a walk exploring and taking pictures. I'll try to post one as soon as I can. The other team members split off and went with their host as well, so I'm sure they'll be writing about their host soon. Everyone is in very good spirits.

This evening we're going to our first Rotary Club meeting for dinner but we don't have to do our presentation there. I miss everyone, especially Allie, but I don't want to go home yet. I'm having a wonderful time.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the phone call last night! It was good to hear your voice! You sounded so excited to tell me all you had already seen. I can't wait to see pictures. I miss you, but glad you got to go. (Video the "shag" for us to enjoy-HAHA!!!)- Love ya! Kimberly

3:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you are having a good time so far. I look forward to the photos!

5:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Adrel,

I am so glad to hear that you are having a good time. Please take lots of photos, especially of the places you stay! Check your normal email..I am sending you some info. Have fun!
Paula

7:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Adrel, I gave Allie a hug last night when I ran into her and Tony at Wal*Mart.
She was fine and told me all about the dinner she and her grandma had made. An English pie (toad in the hole?) Anyway, just wanted you to know I saw her and gave her an extra hug for you!!! Love ya!

1:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Adrel,

WOW! You are really doing this! Any golf courses in your furture while you are there?

Joe

4:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there,
I watched Alison dance at the Gator Festival today, I spoke to her for a minute too. She looked like she was having fun.
Looks like it's beautiful there, hope you are taking lots of pics.
Take care, enjoy, keep a journal, I look forward to hearing all about it.
See you
Renee

11:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home